Saturday, 18 July 2015

Hvar, the island that never sleeps

We arrived in Hvar, the island that never sleeps, around 8 in the evening. We were picked up at the bus station by the owner of the apartments son. 
We were shown to our apartment on the top flop and it was absolutely gorgeous! It was three separate rooms, bathroom, bedroom and kitchen/lounge with 2 balconies overlooking hvar town!!
Hotel Amorfa...was situated directly opposite our apartmentbwhere the Ultra Europe beach pool party was being held. 

We headed out after changing and caught the last two hours of the party! 

After the party we headed to an Italian restaurant on the harbour. Arran choose a Parma ham, oregano and olive pizza. I had a tuna steak on a bed of rocket with baby tomatoes in a balsamic dressing. 

We went to a few bars before catching a water taxi to a small island on the beach Cape Deme just off of the coast of Hvar, where the most famous and best nightclub of Hvar is situated. On our way to and from the island Arran made conversation with a few groups of Australians who even offered to pay for us to get into the club! I had a right old natter on the way back with someone from Melbourne about whether Sydney or Melbourne is better! It was a good night, especially not getting in to the apartment until past 4 am! 
The following morning we had some breakfast and stopped at the famous Archie's Bar in the main square, for an Irish coffee! 

We walked around the town for an hour or two before getting some lunch on the main square. 
I had a grilled chicken breast with grilled vegetables, chips and Arran choose a ham, egg and mozerella salad.

We went to a small smoothie bar to get a smoothie each. I choose a chard, kiwi, honey and frozen yogurt smoothie and I was surprised at how gorgeous it tasted! Arran had a peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, banana and froyo!

We took a taxi boat to the island of Carpe Deme and sunbathed for a few hours on the gorgeous bean bag loungers! 

We took the taxi boat back to Hvar and walked to Hula Hula Beach Bar which was about a 30 minute walk from the port. We stopped on the way for a cheeky cherry ice cream! 
We found a spot in the extremely lively and busy bar to watch the sunset with a few glasses of mojitos. This bar is known for having the best sunsets in Hvar! It most defiantly didn't disappoint! 

We walked back to the main town to a sushi bar. Where we had a mixture of sushi from avocado to prawns to vegetables! 

The chef made us a cute surprise tuna sushi for us shaped into hearts! 

After our dinner we went to the two most famous bars in Hvar called Alhoa and Nautica, which are both spilling out on to the streets on the port. 

The following morning we packed our bags once again and checked out in the early hours of the morning. We walked to Hula Hula and relaxed by the beach for a while. 

We walked into the town and lounged around the main town for most of the day, stopping in a few bars for some drinks along the way including an Irish coffee! 
We visited an awesome place called 50 Hvar in the back streets, which is a champagne and burger bar. 
Arran had the Philly cheese steak burger and chips and I choose the aubergine, rocket and Parmesan salad accompanied by watermelon prosecco! 
We were shown upstairs to the roof top terrace where we lounged, and ate our delicious food with a gorgeous view of Hvar harbour! 

I stopped in the Vita smoothie bar and grabbed an avocado gluten free muffin, which was surprisingly tasty but my taste buds couldn't quite grasp the savoury taste of the muffin. 

We walked along the harbour front and I got a cherry and coffee ice cream!
We lounged around in another bar, where I had a lovely espresso martini! 

We bought a few items from the fresh market for the next few days in Split, before walking up the hill to our apartment to grab our luggage cases. 
We were driven down to the bus station and walked to the ferry port to catch the late ferry to Split.
When we arrived we walked to our apartment and I made dinner for us. 
By the time we had finished it was around 12. We headed out to the strip of bars along the beach and didn't get back till gone 5 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment